The number 1 reason why people never stick to anything wether it is a diet or a training routine is because they don’t know what to do or what to eat. If this is the case for you when it comes to keto, then these quick and easy keto recipes for breakfast will defenitely going to help you out.
Keto has been proven to be excellent for rapid weight loss and it is very enjoyable as well. On the contrary to other weight-loss diets, you are not limited in your fat intake, only in your carbohydrate intake.
So therefore I understand that you could be clueless on what to eat, because all of the sudden you’re limited on carbs. Let me tell you I was too, I was used to eating oatmeal every morning for YEARS until I started doing keto.
Now, keto is quite simple. You limit your carb intake to 20 grams of carbs a day, and you make those calories up by increasing your daily fat intake. This means you’re going to eating a lot more meat, eggs, and high-fat fruits and veggies.
Sounds good right? now let’s get into these delicious keto recipes for breakfast or breakfast.
1. English Breakfast
The ‘full English breakfast’ obviously consists of bacon, sausages, eggs, and beans. This is an amazing keto recipe for breakfast, but unfortunately, the beans are off the table…literally. Beans are amazing whole food, high in protein and in fibers, but unfortunately also high in carbs so that will be a no-go!
2. Avocado Salmon Breakfast
With salmon and avocado being really high in fat and salmon also being high in protein these 2 make a perfect combination. If you’re a ‘bad’ morning eater then this is perfect for you, because it is light on the stomach.
- 60 grams of wild caught smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- Celtic sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 30 grams of fresh, soft goat cheese
- 1 ripe organic avocado
1. Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed.
2. In a food processor, process the other ingredients until
3. Place the cream inside the avocados then serve.
Alternatively, you could also cut the avocados into cubes and the salmon in small pieces and mix them up together. Add the rest of the ingredients with the goat cheese and mix well.
Net carbs per serving: 4g
3. Egg Salad
The egg salad is another great addition to your keto recipes for breakfast list or as just a snack throughout the day. As it is easy to make, and easy to use on various foods or as an add on to different meals.
- 1/3 cup of finely minced white onion
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 12 large eggs
- Bacon strips
- 1-teaspoon salt
- ½-teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1-teaspoon black pepper
- Place eggs in a pot of water. Let this boil for 10 minutes, pour the water from the pot, and replace it with cold water. Let the eggs sit in the water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take out the eggs and peel them. Using an egg slicer, chop the eggs into ¼-inch pieces. Add the remaining ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Chia Pudding With Granola
Are you tired of all these meat and eggs recipes? then this recipe from Julielifestyle might be THE keto recipe for breakfast for you!
It’s vegan, made with coconut milk for a creamy texture and decadent flavor. It’s also incredibly satiating: Chia seeds are a great source of fiber, and protein powder and healthy fat-filled-MCT coconut oil will keep you satisfied all morning.
This recipe makes you feel like your a normal human being again and feels like an actual treat that will not kick you out of ketosis.
5. keto Porridge
- ¼ cup of crushed almonds
- ½ cup of hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon of xylitol
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons of freshly ground flax seeds
- ¾-teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½-teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- Mix ingredients except the topping and the almonds in a saucepan and stir well until they are properly mixed.
- Heat this over medium heat until it begins to boil lightly. Stir once and let it cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add in the ground almonds, and pour into a bowl. Add toppings then serve right away.
6. Keto breakfast Buritto
Eggs are my favorite food to eat on keto as especially for a keto breakfast because they contain almost no carbs. 1 whole egg contains only 1 carb, and just the egg white has zero carbs. That is great, but we want the fat from the egg yolk so we are using whole eggs.
Whilst a normal tortilla is loaded with carbs, this recipe has almost no carbs! The eggs are used as the tortilla and you just have to add toppings.
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 whole avocado
- 1 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 2 slices of bacon
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the chives, then start whisking.
- Add the mixture to a pan and cook the egg with olive oil until cooked until both sides are ready.
- Lay your omelet onto a plate and add your toppings
- The last step, roll your omelet with toppings into a delicious breakfast burrito.
7. Keto Pancakes
You probably thought that pancakes were out of the question when following keto, well, that is not the case. These easy low carb cream-cheese pancakes are amazing and keto-friendly.
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tbps butter
- 1/2 Whey protein
- 4 Oz of cream cheese
- 1/2 tbps vanilla extract
- Sugar-free syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
Place the cream cheese, eggs, whey protein, baking powder, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
Heat a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray or butter. Once the butter is melted, pour in 2 to 3 tablespoons of the batter. Cook until deep golden-brown on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until the second side is golden-brown, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
Repeat with cooking remaining batter. Serve with sliced strawberries and powdered sugar or a drizzle of maple syrup
8. Low-carb No Egg Breakfast bake
9. Meat Bagel
Yes, you read that right. Meat. Bagel. The bagel is basically ground pork that serves as the bagel. Another awesome benefit is that you can easily freeze them as re-using them as you don’t want to be cooking every morning.
I have to be honest, this is one hell of a keto breakfast recipe… 🙂
- Cook the burger in olive oil or butter.
- When the burger is almost cooked, add the onions to the pan to saute them
- After the burger is cooked and the onions are slightly colored, cut the burger in half
- Fill it with lettuce, tomato, avocado, and onions for one hell of a breakfast sandwich.
10. Steak & Eggs
This is a classic breakfast for a reason: It’s delicious, and the steak and eggs each pack a monster punch of protein to keep you fueled up till lunch. Next time you’re grilling up a steak at night, cook a little extra with incredible keto breakfast leftovers in mind.
- Melt your butter in a pan and fry 2-3 eggs until the whites are set and the yolk is to the desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another pan, cook your sirloin (or favorite cut of steak) until the desired doneness. Then slice into bite-sized strips and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice up some avocado and serve together!
Frittata is like a triple omelet, but with a lot more ingredients than a normal omelet. Perfect for a strong, heavy keto breakfast.
- Smoked bacon
- Low-carb veggies (half cup spring onions, spinach, and 50 grams of peas)
- Depending on the pan size 7-8 eggs
- Parmesan cheese, and goat cheese
- Slice the bacon into little strips.
- Add olive oil or butter to a frying pan and add the bacon.
- Add your veggies
- Once the bacon and veggies are done, add your veggies and turn down the heat.
- Crack your eggs in a different pan, and add parmesan cheese, then whisk
- Add the peas and chunks of goats cheese to the pan
- Then slowly add the eggs.
- Finally, add some grated goat cheese over the mixture.
- Put the frittata mixture in the grill/oven for 45 minutes